Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Camino de Santiago

Hey all.. I know I kind of officially have been neglecting the blog. And honestly, I'm not feeling too bad about it. No offense, it's just that I've been a lot happier of late, and instead of spending my evenings trying to beef up what I've been doing into an interesting story to tell the general public... I've been doing things. And writing in my own journal. I'm sorry, I'll probably pick up again some day but for right now I'm so busy and happy and freaking terrified planing my Camino (and trying to pass my classes--epic fail) all I can really do for you is show you this!

Voila, my Camino Itinerary (subject to change)

JUNE 19 Train Paris to Pamplona – Hostel for the night

JUNE 20 Pamplona - Puente La Reina, 24km
JUNE 21 Puente La Reina – Estella, 22km
JUNE 22 Estella - Los Arcos, 22km
JUNE 23 Los Arcos – Logrono, 28km.

JUNE 24 Logrono – Najera, 29km
JUNE 25 Najera-Santo Domingo de la Calzada, 21km
JUNE 26 Santo Domingo de la Calzada-Belorado, 23km
JUNE 27 Belarado - San Juan de Ortega, 24km
JUNE 28 San Juan de Ortega - Burgos, 28km

JUNE 29 Train Burgos to Leon 12h13 depart, 14h05 arrive

JUNE 30 Léon - Hospital de Orbigo, 44km
JULY 1 Hospital de Orbigo – Astorga, 14km
JULY 2 Astorga - Rabanal del Camino, 20km
JULY 3 Rabanal - Ponferrada: 33km
JULY 4 Ponferrada - Vilafranca del Bierzo, 25km
JULY 5 Vilafranca del Bierzo - O Cebreiro, 30km
JULY 6 O Cebreiro – Triascastela, 21km.
JULY 7 Triascatela – Sarria, 21km
JULY 8 Sarria – Portomarin, 22km
JULY 9 Portomarin – Palas de Rei, 25km
JULY 10 Palas de Rei – Arzua, 29km
JULY 11 Arzua – Lavacolla, 29km
JULY 12 Lavacolla – Santiago de Compostela, 10km

JULY 13 Day in Santiago, mass in the morning – night at auberge

JULY 14 Santiago to Negreira 21 km

JULY 15 Negreire to Olveiroa 26 km

JULY 16 Olveiroa to Finisterre 15km GO TO THE BEACH!

JULY 17 Bus Finisterre to Santiago de Compostela – night in a hostel

JULY 18 Bus Santiago to Madrid 7am, arrives late afternoon, Train leaves Madrid to Paris in pm

JULY 19 Train arrives in Paris in am, get luggage, hostel for the night

JULY 20 Flight leaves 10am CDG terminal 2–to DC 12:45–in Milwaukee by (technically) 6pm!


Not sure why the blog won't let me change the spacing above, so sorry for that. But even so, you get the picture. The walking parts may change a bit, but now you know where I am going to be, so if I disappear you know where to come looking.


See you all at the airport in Milwaukee onthe 20th at 6pm SHARP!


1 comment:

  1. Were I still going to school in New York, I would probably practically be passing you in the air. This way, it's more like you're chasing my out of WI. :P

    ReplyDelete